|Evening Studies Graduation Q & A's |
Q: What is a graduation application, and where do I get it?
- A: It is a form the Office of the Registrar requires from each student once eligibility for graduation has been determined. Failure to submit the form can cause a delay in graduation due to unfulfilled requirements and lack of faculty approval for graduation. Completion of this form also secures the order of your diploma. The form is made available on an individual basis once candidacy for graduation is confirmed.
Q: When and where is graduation?
- A: Evening Studies (SBPS) The College's SBPS Commencement will be held at 6:00 pm Saturday, May 11, 2019 on the Green at Hutingdon College's main campus in Montgomery. In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held in the College's Catherine Dixon Roland Student Center. If you decide not to participate in the Commencement ceremony, you need to contact the Office of the Registrar as soon as possible.
Q:Is there practice for graduation?
- A: Yes. All Evening Studies (SBPS) degree candidates, except those excused from Commencement exercises, are required to meet for practice on Saturday, May 11th at 3:30 pm in the Ligon Chapel, Flowers Hall. The College invites all graduates and their families to a reception at 4:30 pm in the Russell Dining Hall. SBPS graduates will reconvene in the Ligon Chapel, Flowers Hall no later than 5:30 p.m.
Q: If I am awarded graduation honors, how will I know and is there any additional regalia?
Q: What should I wear to graduation?
- A: The graduation gowns are black which means you can wear whatever color you want underneath. Because your neck and feet will show, we ask men to wear ties and men and women to wear "dress" shoes. When you pick your outfit, keep in mind that the Commencement takes place on the Green in May. It will be very hot and the ceremony held on softer ground especially after rain.
Q: Where do I get my cap and gown?
- A: Caps, gowns, tassels and hoods are required for both Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies and are available from the Huntingdon College Bookstore - The Scarlet and Gray Shop (334/833-4482). Every year Herff Jones sends a representative to the College Bookstore. You may also purchase your cap and gown online from Herff Jones at www.herffjones.com/college/graduation. After the online order deadline, please contact the Huntingdon College Bookstore - The Scarlet and Gray Shop (334/833-4482).
Q: Where do I order graduation announcements?
- A: Graduation announcements and invitations can be ordered from any printing company you choose. However, the Huntingdon College Bookstore works with an applicable merchant for this purpose. Each year Herff Jones sends a representative to the Huntingdon College Bookstore - The Scarlet and Gray Shop. You may also purchase online from Herff Jones at www.herffjones.com/college/graduation. Please contact the Huntingdon College Bookstore for information regarding current company contacts (334/833-4482).
Q: Can I reserve seats for my family at the Commencement ceremony?
- A: We receive many requests for special accomodations each graduation and, unfortunately, we can't make reservations for seating. Families and friends of graduates are welcome to arrive early and hold their seats. If anyone puts up string or uses other materials to block off seats, we will remove it. The actual people must be present to reserve their seats.
Q: Will there be a photographer present?
- A: Village Photographers of Auburn, AL takes photos of each graduate as they receive their diploma. Families will have an opportunity to view and purchase these photos at a later date. Watch your home mailbox for the proofs!
Q: Where can my out-of-town guests stay while they are in town?
Q: Where can I get directions and maps of campus?